With the risk of HIV, HBV and cross infection this surgery has produced a patients’ charter to ensure the safety of the patients attending the surgery for invasive treatments.
- All instruments are ultrasonically cleaned and sterilized by autoclaving to achieve maximum sterilization. This is to prevent cross infection
- The surgery equipment is cleaned / disinfected between patients
- Hands are washed with medicated soap or antibacterial hand wash and latex gloves are worn for each new patient
- A full medical history of each patient is mandatory and will be taken on the first visit and records kept up to date
- Patient information will remain confidential
- Where suitable disposable instruments are used for each patient
- All procedures performed on the patient will include the latest aseptic techniques
- All equipment, instruments, medicaments and dressings used are of the highest quality
- A commitment to ongoing training to ensure the highest degree of treatment delivered to the patient
- A commitment to provide a professional, personal and outstanding treatment to each and every patient
This charter has been designed to ensure your safety and to ensure that your chiropodist/podiatrist in this surgery adheres to the standards, resulting in a pleasant and uneventful visit to the surgery. Please bear this in mind when choosing a practitioner and make sure that they comply with this charter and are registered with the Health Care Professions Council as you could be putting your health at risk.